Pediatric Autism Clinical & Evaluation Services, LLC
~Smiling Faces, Learning Paces~
Occupational therapy works hand-in-hand with the other disciplines at P.A.C.E.S. while providing client-centered, evidence-based interventions to improve a child’s performance and success in daily life activities. Occupational therapists structure a child’s therapy needs with help from standardized assessments, parent interviews, and clinical observations, from all the providers your child works with, all while keeping in mind specific client factors, or a child’s strengths and weaknesses, and what new skills or adaptations are needed to give your child the greatest level of independence. Here at P.A.C.E.S., occupational therapy can help your child with the following skills as well as all activities of daily living!
• Fine motor skills: writing, cutting, clothing fasteners, and using utensils to eat
• Gross motor skills: getting dressed, navigating through a room, and sitting up while working at a desk or table
• Visual skills: throwing and catching, reading, attention to details, finding items
• Auditory skills: active listening, sound desensitization, responding to name
• Sensory Processing: understanding and appropriately responding to sensory input from the five senses, self-regulation to reduce tantrums and meltdowns, and graded mealtime programming to increase diet and/or caloric intake